Friday, March 6, 2009

Broken Hearts & Auto Parts..


Note: Not going to be interesting, entertaining, or even witty. Enjoy!

-I am taking my oldest niece to see Ryan Adams in Jax this Monday night. I'm so excited. She has never been to a real show before (I don't think). My friends Dave & Kristen are going with. I was trying to remember my first "real" concert. When I say "real", I mean one I wanted to see. I think my Mom made me see Jimmy Buffet a couple times when I was younger. I have a horrible memory, but I think it was Soundgarden around 1993 at The Edge...
-Looking forward to the Lucero show on Tues night...
-I'm planning a trip to Cali wine country in Sept to secure my status as a wine nerd. Its going to be good times. Prob 3 days in Napa, an a couple days in San Fran. So excited!
-I don't watch that much relevant TV. But, I think I'm gonna break down and get Showtime & HBO finally. And a DVR. There is a show with David Ducovny on Showtime that is the balls! East Bound & Down put me over the edge to get HBO. There is just simply too much amazing stuff to not get HBO...
-I'm awesome. And so are you. We should be awesome together.

Rant:
I was a registered Republican for most of my younger years. I know, "Oooooohhhhh" I'm a horrible person...Its funny how politics have become like fucking pro wrestling. You are either for the "bad guy" or the "good guy". C'mon people. Well anyway, after Bush had us in a headlock and gave us a full-body suplex off the top rope the last 8 years, I registered Democrat. Yayyy! I totally signed up on the cool kid list and supported Obama. Shit, did I have a choice? In the big scheme of things, I like the idea of a younger, more progressive thinking Prez. However, there is one thing I cant quite buy into...his plans to increase taxes on people in the highest tax brackets. Now, some of you might have the mindset of "Yeah! Tax the shit out of those folks, they can afford it!" Well, I got news for some you people....you ready for this...SHIT ROLLS DOWNHILL. Those people control this country. Not you. Not the local governments. Individuals and businesses in high tax brackets hold the power and inevitably control your life. As of today, unemployment rates are at their highest since 1983. Guess who is laying those people off....that's right, the high tax bracket folks. I could go on and on. Anyway, the more stress you put on their wallets, the more its going to effect you and me. There is something else that bothers me about Obama's Robin Hood plan. It WILL cause these people to stop contributing to charitable organizations who directly rely on them to sustain their efforts of philanthropy. This is NOT a goon thing, people. Wall Street Journal said it much smarter than me:
"The tax increases would raise an estimated $318 billion over 10 years by reducing the value of such longstanding deductions as mortgage interest and charitable contributions for people in the highest tax brackets. Households paying income taxes at the 33% and 35% rates can currently claim deductions at those rates. Under the Obama proposal, they could deduct only 28% of the value of those payments."
I hope that some adjustments are made through bi-partisanship. This budget is only a proposal as of now. Maybe he will reconsider...
Just be aware.I love you.CB

2 comments:

  1. My first "real" concert was Green Day playing outside at The Edge in 1993.

    You didn't mention anything about Kings of Leon in May.

    No politic related comments from me, I am thinking about completely ignoring all of that insanity for a while. I have enough of my own to deal with.

    I'm so happy you are blogging now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first concert w/the parental units was Lionel Richie. His "Dancing on the Ceiling" tour. Yeah, complete with Sheena E opening and Lionel "dancing" on the ceiling. Gag!

    My first concert sans parental units was The Spin Doctors w/Shawn Barkely at Firestone in Orlando. Smashing Pumpkins OPENED for them! OPENED, I tell you! What a travesty. Of course, that was because The Spin Doctor's were riding high on Two Princes at that time.

    I went dressed as grunge as a Florida teenage gal can while still trying to look hot.

    Green leotard, faded ripped jeans, construction boots and old flannel shirt tied around my waist.

    Ahhhh, youth.

    ReplyDelete